“Celebrated every April 22, Earth Day is the largest, most celebrated environmental event worldwide. More than 6 million Canadians join 1 billion people in over 170 countries in staging events and projects to address local environmental issues. Nearly every school child in Canada takes part in an Earth Day activity.” http://www.earthday.ca/pub/about/history.php
How have you made a difference in the community or raised awareness for environmental issues? We registered a Christy’s Gourmet Gifts clean-up team for Pitch-In Canada. Check out Bernie, our master chocolatier, at the clean-up day this weekend…doing his part to help out!
In addition to doing your part in the community, you can educate and celebrate Earth Day with the kids with this easy ‘Mud Pie Mini Trifle’.
What you will need:
- Oreo cookie crumbs & Vanilla pudding (equal parts)
- Christy’s Crunch (optional)
- Layer 1/3 of your Oreo cookie crumbs on the bottom of a see-through bowl or cup. Try to pack it down slightly, so that you have an even surface.
- Cover with half the amount of vanilla pudding, evenly, covering the whole surface of “dirt”.
- Take another 1/3 of the Oreo cookie crumbs and evenly cover over the pudding.
- Finish off the pudding with another full layer.
- Complete the mini trifle with the final 1/3 of the Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Put gummy worms on top or push them slightly into the Oreo cookie crumbs.
Additional! If you want to add an extra special pizzazz to your recipe, add some broken up Christy’s Crunch to the Oreo cookie layer.
Do you have any great Earth Day recipes, or have you seen some online you would like to try? Please share them with us! We’d love to hear from you!
This past March we celebrated our second year at the Spring One of a Kind Show in Toronto and what an exciting experience it was!
The first day of the show finally came – in the wake of a lot of preparation – and that preparation was well worth the effort. We met lots of Christy’s Gourmet Gifts fans and gained some new fans along the way! Our most popular products at the show were our famous Christy’s Crunch, and our Double-Dipped Belgian Chocolate Sugar Cookies. The bunny cookies were a top choice with the flowers leading not too far behind.
Our new Chocolate Strawberry Toffee Crunch was also well received!
This year’s One of a Kind Spring Show was definitely one to remember. The show featured many new artisans, delicious goodies, and some very creative products! Some of our favourite booths included: Tricia O, tealish, and glamjulz. We also loved the designs by Headmistress. There were so many amazing artisans at the show, there are almost too many favourites to list!
All in all, the show was an amazing success and we want to give a great big thank you to everyone that stopped by our booth. See you at the Christmas One of a Kind Show!