Everyday leading up to Cinco de Mayo (the 5thof May) we will have a special party tip, to make your themed party a blast! Stay tuned for recipes, décor tips and lots more.
Today’s Party Tip: 3. Party Décor!
You can’t have a themed party without some themed décor! Get your guests into the Cinco de Mayo spirit the moment they walk into the door by using some of these easy décor tips:
*String up some paper garlands*
Purchase paper garlands or easily create them yourself using tissue paper.
How to create them yourself:
- Take two different coloured, large pieces of tissue paper. Cut the tissue paper into four lengthwise pieces.
- Lay them out flat on a large surface (or the ground), alternating between colours. Cut a long piece of ribbon to cover all pieces and have extra ribbon on each end.
- Lay the ribbon flat over all the pieces of tissue paper, slightly below the center line of the tissue paper.
- Fold each piece of tissue paper over the ribbon. Staple the tissue paper onto the ribbon at the top center. Now all your tissue paper garlands are in place.
- Cut each tissue paper into slices, about ¾ of the way up.
- Take your extra ribbon ends and pin or attach to a table or wall. And there you have it – a beautiful piece of décor for your party!
Cover tables in brightly-coloured tablecloths or fabrics. Use fabric napkins for the centerpiece and cover with brightly-coloured bowls, cake plates or vintage tins. Fill the bowls, plates or tins with candies or sweets in fun colours.
Paper Lanterns can be purchased at party stores or can sometimes be found at a reduced cost at the dollar store. They bring a pop of colour to plain rooms and also add a sense of fun and whimsy. Perfect for the party spirit!
*Margarita Mason Jars*
Keep your guests’ thirst at bay! Prepare margaritas ahead of time with a plain margarita mix. Pour the prepared drinks into mason jars and put them into a container full of ice for your guests to pick up when they come in your door. They’re perfect for moving around a party, especially with a straw, and won’t spill when you place them in the ice bucket.
*Embroidered Fabrics or Patterned Fabrics & Fresh Flowers*
Be sure to have fresh bright-coloured flowers throughout your party area, as well as some embroidered patterned fabrics . Think fresh and bright!
Stay tuned for party tip number 4 tomorrow!