For the past few weeks, we noticed everyone posting online about a Canberra, Australia, cafe’s milk shakes. We have seen the photos (we’re sure you have too) and we can understand why everyone is so captivated. These milkshakes look decadent and over-the-top amazing!
We wish we could try them….if only they weren’t so far.
Unfortunately, we can’t make it out to Australia anytime soon – so we settled for the next best thing…making a delicious, sweet & messy milkshake at home!
See below for the recipe:
Salted Caramel Chocolate Vanilla Bean Milkshake
- 1 Container Christy’s Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 cup 1% Milk
- Whipped Cream for topping
- 1 Package of Christy’s Salted Caramel Chocolates
- 1 Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie – broken into pieces
- In a blender, blend together the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and the Milk until it’s frothy and totally mixed together.
- In the meantime, take the top off the Salted Caramel Sauce and microwave it until it’s liquid-y (about 30-40 seconds), stirring half way through.
- Take a large mason jar, fill the bottom and the sides with the warm Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Pour the ice cream/milk mixture from the blender into the mason jar, covering the salted caramel sauce.
- Top the milk shake with a big spiral of whipped cream.
- Place pieces of Salted Caramel Chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Crumble the Vanilla Bean Sugar cookie pieces overtop of the whipped cream.
- Top with any leftover Salted Caramel Sauce or Chocolate Syrup.