“Celebrated every April 22, Earth Day is the largest, most celebrated environmental event worldwide. More than 6 million Canadians join 1 billion people in over 170 countries in staging events and projects to address local environmental issues. Nearly every school child in Canada takes part in an Earth Day activity.” http://www.earthday.ca/pub/about/history.php
How have you made a difference in the community or raised awareness for environmental issues? We registered a Christy’s Gourmet Gifts clean-up team for Pitch-In Canada. Check out Bernie, our master chocolatier, at the clean-up day this weekend…doing his part to help out!
What you will need:
- Oreo cookie crumbs & Vanilla pudding (equal parts)
- Gummy worms
- Christy’s Crunch (optional)
- Layer 1/3 of your Oreo cookie crumbs on the bottom of a see-through bowl or cup. Try to pack it down slightly, so that you have an even surface.
- Cover with half the amount of vanilla pudding, evenly, covering the whole surface of “dirt”.
- Take another 1/3 of the Oreo cookie crumbs and evenly cover over the pudding.
- Finish off the pudding with another full layer.
- Complete the mini trifle with the final 1/3 of the Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Put gummy worms on top or push them slightly into the Oreo cookie crumbs.
Do you have any great Earth Day recipes, or have you seen some online you would like to try? Please share them with us! We’d love to hear from you!